We exclusively offer FedEx Ground Shipping for all your purchases with Startechtel.com. We promise speedy delivery, offering FedEx shipping, and getting your orders out the door as fast as possible (usually same day). We primarily ship using FedEx Ground service, however we reserve the right to ship any other standard (or other) method. Business-day standard shipping orders placed by 2:00 pm PST usually ship the same day.
Covid-19 & Returns: Due to Covid-19, certain manufacturers we carry are no longer accepting returns on their products until further notice and they are only offering replacements if an item is not working. Please feel free to contact us via phone or email to confirm the return policy on any item you might be interested in before purchasing on our website.
This Norstar Fast Remote Access Device (FastRAD) is an integral part of local and remote administration and maintenance capabilities of Norstar. The FastRAD is the physical interface hardware that is located on the customer premises. PC applications such as Norstar Remote Utilities use a modem to call and connect to the FastRAD at the Norstar system. The FastRAD integral modem will support baud rates from 4800 to 14,400 for external connections and 300 to 19,200 for local or direct connections. The FastRAD is connected to the system using a TCM port, and answers a call on the Norstar system CO line using its internal modem. The FastRAD is powered by a separate power supply. The FastRAD is compatible with all Norstar systems with DR2 software or higher.
- Mnfr. part #: NT8B80AR-93
- Provides built-in modem to provide a communications interface between the target Norstar system and the PC
- Used for remote administration and programming PC applications such as Norstar Remote Utilities, the Companion Diagnostic System (CDS), and Companion Manager
- Can also provide access to the proprietary Norstar D-channel information for the translation and processing of Norstar administration commands, and automatic detection and reporting of ICS alarm
- Connection to the ICS using the FastRad can be performed either remotely through the public switched telephone network or locally through a direct terminal connection
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.