https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTjNWgjcRTA Forwarding calls to the appropriate party can help to improve your customer service.…
For All Your Phone System Needs
Executone IDS M18 Phone: Holding & Retrieving Calls
With the Executone IDS M18 phone, any call can be placed on Hold at an extension. If an outside line call is placed on Hold, anyone with access to that outside line can retrieve the call from Hold. If an outside line call is placed on Exclusive Hold, the call can only be retrieved by the extension that placed the call on Hold.
Note: Only outside line calls can be placed on Exclusive Hold.
If the call placed on Hold is not retrieved in the set Hold Recall Time, the call rings the extension which placed it on hold. If the call remains unanswered, it recalls to the operator.
Note: If the HOLD key LED is blinking someone has left you a message.
Place a Call on Hold
- While on a call, press the HOLD key. If the call is an outside line call, the OUTSIDE LINE key LED blinks rapidly. Press the HOLD key only once.The LEDs corresponding to the outside line on other telephones blink slowly. Other users are able to retrieve the call on Hold.
Place a Call on Exclusive Hold
- While on an outside line call, press the HOLD key twice. The OUTSIDE LINE key LED blinks slowly.The LEDs corresponding to the outside line on other telephones light steadily. Other users are NOT able to retrieve the call on Exclusive Hold.
Retrieve an Outside Line Call on Hold or Exclusive Hold
- Lift the handset. Internal dial tone is heard.
- Press the OUTSIDE LINE key that the call is holding on. The OUTSIDE LINE key LED stops blinking. The call is retrieved.
Retrieve an Internal Call on Hold
- Press the HOLD key or the blinking ICM key. The call is retrieved.
And that is how you hold and retrieve calls on the Executone IDS M18 phone. For further information, please see your System Administrator.
For the best prices on new and refurbished business phones and equipment, including the Executone IDS M18 phone and more, please visit Startechtel.com or call 800-564-8045. You may also connect with us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.